In addition to the Mi Band 4 that Xiaomi announced yesterday, it also introduced several “ecosystem” devices. One of these devices is the Mi AI Translator. Mi AI Translator is a new type of pocket-sized learning device. Users can check words from the pre-installed Oxford and Collins dictionary, as well as Chinese dictionaries, study English word lists, and learn to say words with correct English pronunciation. The device also provides offline translation in Chinese, English, Japanese, Korean and German.
The device is capable of real-time translation in 34 languages covering 224 countries and territories, and a 4G version with SIM card support for Wi-Fi sharing. With a 5 MP camera on the back can also capture macro photos up to 5 cm. Some of the other functions that the translator offers include speech repetition, dialogue, speech translation, classic reading, word association, war of words, detection review, word radio, camera translation support and more.
Xiaomi Mi AI Translator specifications
- 4-inch 16:9 aspect ratio touch screen
- 2.0GHz 12nm multi-core processor
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage (WiFi) / 3GB RAM with 64GB storage (4G+WiFi)
- 5MP camera with 5cm macro, f/2.2 aperture
- 4G (Optional), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth
- Dual microphones, loudspeaker
- Dimensions: 112.8 x 14.4mm
- Weight: 134gr
- 2200mAh battery with 25 days stand-by time
Mi AI Translator will be available in black and white. The model without 4G comes with a price tag of $ 72, while the model with 4G is known to come with a price of $ 144. The device will be available on June 19.